The Amazing Castles(Peles, Dracula) and Brasov Extended Tour in 2 days
Tour type: Complety private tour
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Tour starts and ends in Bucharest.
I designed this tour so that you get a good flavour of Transylvania in for two days.
- Spectacular scenery of the Carpathian Mountains;
- Explore Brasov, one of the most beautiful Romanian medieval cities;
- Hike to Hollywood-like sign on top of the Tâmpa Hill;
- Get a full insight of Brasov city;
- Visit Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle;
- Visit a fairytale-like castle hidden in the mountains, Peles Castle;
What you’ll do
Day 1 Bucharest – Sinaia – Bran – Brasov
The tour starts ~7:30 am, when I pick you up from your accommodation in Bucharest and head towards Transylvania with stops at the most important sites along the way.
We’ll be visiting some of the most beautiful places in Romania: the royal family’s Castle in Sinaia (Peles Castle), the paramount Castle of Dracula, and then the medieval, Old Town of Brasov.
From Bucharest, the first stop is after a ~2h drive, at the Peles Castle in Sinaia. There you’ll visit the castle, admire its elaborate Neo-Renaissance architecture and fill your lungs with mountain air.
We’ll then drive for ~1h, scenic mountain road, to the Dracula Castle (in the village of Bran). You’ll visit the famous castle of Dracula (Vlad Tepes king), discover the legends, as well as the history of this place.
In the afternoon, we’ll arrive in Brasov, a wonderful city tucked away at the feet of the Carpathians. Brașov features some iconic landmarks, like the Black Church, the biggest Gothic church between Istanbul and Vienna, the narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street, and a Hollywood-like sign on top of the Tâmpa Hill.
Since, the accommodation after this day will be in Brasov, you’ll have a relaxed evening to admire the wonderful architecture, the marvellous squares and the picturesque coloured houses which are just fascinating or just to enjoy a glass of wine at one of the many restaurants from the Council Square.
Day 2 Tampa Mountain Hike – Brasov – Bucharest
This day will start ~8:30 am, when I pick you up from your accommodation in Brasov.
We’ll do a very easy hike on Tampa Mountain to get the best view of Brasov. We’ll start our hike at 15min away from the city center and after 1.5 hour of walking through the forest, we’ll reach its highest point at 960m. (If you don’t want to hike, we can get the cable car to the top of the mountain).
At the top of the mountain, the Brasov sign stands tall like its big sister in Hollywood, a beacon for tourists and travel bloggers looking for good photo opportunities and for some gorgeous views.
There, you’ll have enough time to admire the city from the top, take amazing photos, fill your lungs with fresh air.
Arriving back in the Old Town of Brasov, you’ll have time for lunch and in the afternoon you can relax with a coffee or wine in one of the city’s cosy café.
The last stint of the journey is a direct drive back to Bucharest, of about 2:30h, when I drop you off at your accommodation.
This tour can be extended or reorganized, according to your wishes.
- Hotel pickup and drop-of;
- Transport by modern car with climate control;
- Non-alcoholic beverages and snacks available in the car;
- Overview of Romanian History and Culture from a local perspective;
- Countless stops for photos;
- Guide expenses and accommodation;
- Interactive participation encouraged;
- Countless stops for photos.
- Accommodation night for Brasov (the price is not included in the tour price, but if, needed, I can help you to choose your place)
- Meals (aprox. 10 €/person/meal);
- Entrance fees: Bran Castle 9€, Peles Castle 8€ (standard tour);
- 2 persons for €160 each
- 3 persons for €150 each
- 4 persons for €140 each
- 5 persons for €125 each
- 6 persons for €120 each
Due to Covid Pandemic, no advance payment is required.
You’ll pay directly on the day of the tour.